- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Mashed Roasted Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, uncovered, until tender, 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Cook over low heat, gently tossing, until the potatoes are dry, 2 minutes.
Add the butter, cream and roasted garlic to the potatoes and mash over low heat until creamy and heated through. Add the Tabasco and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mashed potatoes to a bowl, garnish with the parsley and serve.
The mashed potatoes can be made early in the day and reheated, covered, in a 325° oven.