- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 2 Bosc pears, halved lengthwise, cored and cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 large quince (1 pound), peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 8 figs, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces blue cheese, thinly sliced or crumbled
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast for 7 to 10 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a kitchen towel and rub off the skins. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the pears and quince with the sugar, butter, lemon juice and a generous pinch of salt and spread in an even layer. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned in spots; add the figs during the last 5 minutes. Transfer the fruit to a platter and let cool slightly.
Scatter the cheese and hazelnuts over the fruit and serve.
The roasted fruit can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 hours.
Sweet, sparkling red Italian dessert wine.