Roasted Fingerling Potato and Pressed Caviar Canapés
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 10 fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons pressed caviar (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes cut-side down and bake for about 25 minutes, until tender and browned on the bottom. Let cool to warm.
- Meanwhile, roll out the caviar between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to a 5-by-6-inch rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the sheet into 20 diamonds or rectangles.
- Transfer the potatoes to a platter cut sides up and dollop sour cream on each. Top with the caviar diamonds and garnish with the chives. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.