- 2 large heads of fennel, trimmed and cut through the cores into 8 wedges each
- 6 medium shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon wedge
- Preheat the oven to 350°. in a heavy medium casserole, toss the fennel with the shallots, butter, oil, rosemary and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly and roast in the oven for about 50 minutes, or until the fennel is tender, stirring the mixture 2 or 3 times.
- Squeeze the lemon over the fennel and toss well, then transfer to a platter or plates and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.