Roasted Corn and Scallion Guacamole
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
This chunky guacamole gets a generous addition of fresh corn and crunchy scallions for a great dip.
- 2 ears of corn, shucked (about 2 cups)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped out
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to roast at 450°. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- On the lined baking pan, toss together the corn, scallions and oil. Season with salt and pepper, and then spread into an even layer. Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until the corn is lightly browned and scallions are soft.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until it is nearly at your desired consistency. Stir in the corn, green onions and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes. Serve immediately or else press a piece of plastic wrap flush into the top of the guacamole, refrigerate and serve preferably within 24 hours.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.