- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (see Note)
- 4 large bone-in chicken thighs with skin (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- In a clean spice grinder or coffee mill, whir together the sea salt and lime leaves until well-combined and the sea salt is fine. Season the chicken thighs liberally on all sides with the lime salt. Rub the chicken with the oil.
- Roast in the oven, skin-side up, until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Test by piercing a paring knife all the way to the bone. Serve.
The lime salt-seasoned chicken can be kept in the refrigerator uncovered for up to two days. Add the oil before roasting.
Kaffir lime leaves, popular in Indonesian, Thai and other Southeast Asian cuisines, are available at specialty food stores and online.