- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds red and yellow sweet cherry peppers or baby bell peppers
- About 1/4 cup water
- 6 chive flowers, torn
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic and cider vinegars with the olive oil, lemon juice and minced garlic. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the peppers in a large baking dish, pour the dressing on top and toss to coat. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until barely tender. Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and bake for about 20 minutes longer, or until the peppers are tender and blackened in spots; add more water to the pan if it dries out.
- Transfer the peppers to a large platter and pour the pan juices over them. Just before serving, sprinkle with the chive flowers. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The baked red and yellow peppers can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Let return to room temperature before serving.