Roasted Cherry Peppers with Balsamic Vinegar
- SERVINGS: 6
These tender sweet-and-tart peppers make a great accompaniment to almost any kind of grilled meat or thick fish fillets. The peppers can be served whole, stems and all.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds red and yellow sweet cherry peppers or baby bell peppers
- About 1/4 cup water
- 6 chive flowers, torn
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic and cider vinegars with the olive oil, lemon juice and minced garlic. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the peppers in a large baking dish, pour the dressing on top and toss to coat. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until barely tender. Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and bake for about 20 minutes longer, or until the peppers are tender and blackened in spots; add more water to the pan if it dries out.
- Transfer the peppers to a large platter and pour the pan juices over them. Just before serving, sprinkle with the chive flowers. Serve warm or at room temperature.