Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric and Cumin
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
"I love this hot or cold, by itself or as part of a larger meal," says Sera Pelle of this cauliflower dish that’s a vibrant yellow from turmeric and fragrant with cumin, cilantro and mint.
- 1 cup safflower or sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Sea salt
- 4 heads of cauliflower—halved, cored and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the oil, cumin, turmeric, crushed red pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- On 2 large rimmed baking sheets, drizzle the cauliflower with the spiced oil and toss well to coat; season with salt. Spread the cauliflower in an even layer and bake for about 1 hour, until browned and tender; switch the baking sheets halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a pie plate, bake the pine nuts for about 1 minute, until toasted. Let cool.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pine nuts, cilantro and mint and serve.
The cauliflower can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated overnight; reheat before combining with the pine nuts and herbs.