© Line Klein
Roasted Cauliflower with Miso Romesco
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The secret to this lush, deeply flavored romesco sauce is miso, which adds superb savoriness to the mix of almonds, tomatoes, peppers and bread.
Slideshow: Great Roasted Vegetable Recipes
- 1 head cauliflower (2 pounds), cut into 2-inch florets
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 roasted red bell peppers (6 ounces), drained and patted dry
- 1 tomato, cored and quartered
- 2 tablespoons shiro miso (light yellow)
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted almonds
- One 1-inch-thick slice of white bread, toasted and cut into 1-inch croutons
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the smoked paprika; season with salt and pepper and toss again. On another baking sheet, coat the peppers and tomato with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the cauliflower on the upper rack and the peppers on the lower rack. Roast the cauliflower for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and tender. Roast the peppers and tomatoes for 15 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the roasted peppers and tomato with the miso, almonds, croutons, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water and puree until almost smooth. With the blender on, drizzle in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and the grapeseed oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the cauliflower to a platter and serve with the miso romesco.
Make AheadThe miso romesco can be refrigerated for 3 days.