Roasted Cauliflower with Ajvar Dressing
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Balkans are the source of one of the best condiments in the grocery store: ajvar, a red pepper and eggplant relish. Stir it into crème fraîche for a dip, or mix it into a vinaigrette, as in this recipe.
- 1 head of cauliflower (2 3/4 pounds), core trimmed, head quartered and sliced lengthwise 1/3 inch thick
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 anchovy fillet, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mild or hot ajvar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Heat a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven. In a bowl, toss the cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the cauliflower on the hot baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, tossing halfway through, until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 5 tablespoons of oil in a skillet. When the oil is hot, add the anchovy; cook over moderate heat until it begins to dissolve. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat; let the oil cool for 5 minutes.
- In a mini food processor, blend the oil with the ajvar, lemon juice and vinegar. Add the parsley and pulse to combine. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a platter. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts. Serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.