© Joseph de Leo
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 cups
Chef Way Jerry Traunfeld toasts and grinds whole coriander seeds before pureeing them with roasted cauliflower, tahini paste, lemon and cilantro.
Easy Way Use ground coriander from a bottle to season this bright, tangy recipe.
- 1 head of cauliflower (2 pounds), halved crosswise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame) paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds
- Pita bread or chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the oil, ginger and coriander and season with salt. Spread the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice, until tender and lightly browned in spots. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Add the tahini and lemon juice and pulse to a chunky puree; season with salt. Add the cilantro and pulse just until incorporated. Transfer the spread to a bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve warm with pita bread or chips.
Make Ahead The sesame-cauliflower spread can be refrigerated overnight.