- 1 medium cauliflower (2 pounds), cut into florets
- 1 medium head of broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into florets, thick stems peeled and sliced crosswise 1/3 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- Three 1/4-inch-thick slices crusty country bread, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with the broccoli and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt. Roast for 45 minutes, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter in 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add the curry powder and stir over moderate heat until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add the bread and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 20 minutes.
Toss the vegetables with the lemon juice and mint, sprinkle with the curried croutons and serve.
One Serving: Calories 167 kcal, Total Fat 6.6 gm, Saturated Fat 1.8 gm.