- 12 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 pound whole Castelvetrano olives (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 head fresh garlic, peeled into individual cloves
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350° and arrange the feta cheese onto a serving dish and set aside.
In a medium heatproof baking dish, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, 3 sprigs of oregano, chili flakes and salt. Add the olives and peeled garlic to the dish and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes, until the olives are hot and the garlic is tender.
Discard the oregano sprigs and pour the warm contents over the prepared feta cheese.
Sprinkle with the remaining leaves from 2 new sprigs of oregano over the top, and serve warm as side dish alongside toasted pita or naan bread.
The olives and feta can be stored in an airtight container up to 1 week.