- 3 bunches small carrots with tops (2 pounds), scrubbed and tops reserved
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. On a baking sheet, toss the carrots and shallots with the olive oil and curry powder and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and golden. Drizzle with the lemon juice and toss to coat. Transfer the carrots and shallots to a platter.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cilantro, lemon zest and jalapeño. Finely chop the carrot tops until you have 1/2 cup and add to the bowl.
Sprinkle the gremolata over the carrots and shallots and serve.