© Fredrika Stjärne
Roasted Carrots with Caraway and Coriander
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
This lovely dish combines a trio of ingredients from the same family: sweet roasted carrots, coriander and caraway.
Slideshows: More Carrot Recipes
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon whole caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup cold buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cold plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 24 thin baby carrots (1 pound), tops discarded and carrots scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sprouted mung beans or sprouted lentils
- 1/4 cup salted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small skillet, toast the ground caraway and coriander over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey.
- In another small skillet, toast the whole caraway seeds over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer the toasted seeds to a small bowl and stir in the buttermilk, yogurt, serrano chile and half of the honey mixture. Season with salt and refrigerate.
- Spread the carrots on a large baking sheet and season with salt. Toss with the remaining honey mixture and top with the butter. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and slightly charred on the bottom.
- Pour the buttermilk dressing onto a platter in a thin layer. Arrange the carrots on the dressing and top with the sprouted beans, sunflower seeds and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.