- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound medium carrots with green tops, scrubbed well, greens reserved for another use
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Urfa biber (see Note)
- 1/4 cup Pickled Shallots (see Note)
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup lebneh (about 3 ounces)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large heatproof skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil over moderately high heat. Add the carrots, salt and pepper and cook until browned all over, turning occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the carrots for 6 to 8 minutes, until they are just tender but still crisp in the center.
Transfer the carrots to a platter and sprinkle with the Urfa. Scatter the pickled shallots on top, squeeze the lime over the carrots and serve with the lebneh on the side.