Roasted Carrots and Fennel with Tomato and Olive Pesto
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
Star Ingredient: Saclà Olive & Tomato Pesto Sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick and separated into rings
- 4 large carrots, sliced on the diagonal 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large fennel bulbhalved, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato-olive pesto
- 2 tablespoons pitted oil-cured black olives, halved (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large baking dish, toss the onion with the carrots, fennel and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes, or until crisp-tender and golden.
- In a small bowl, stir the pesto with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the pesto to the vegetables; toss to coat. If using the olives, scatter them on top. Bake the vegetables for 10 minutes longer, or until tender and browned. Transfer to a bowl and serve hot or at room temperature.
Notes Variation Serve tossed with pasta or as a side dish for seared salmon, steak or pork.