- 4 medium carrots
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon quinoa
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the carrots lengthwise into quarters then cut each quarter in half so each is about 3-4 inches long. Toss with the grapeseed oil and a pinch of salt. Place on the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until soft and dark brown in spots, turning halfway. When the carrots are finished cooking, remove them from the oven and place them in a large bowl.
- While the carrots are cooking prepare the remaining ingredients. In a small bowl whisk together the honey, apple cider vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil. Add salt to taste.
- Add the slivered almonds to a small frying pan over medium high heat. Cook, shaking the pan frequently, until the almonds are fragrant and light brown in spots, about 4 minutes. Remove from the pan to cool and set aside.
- Add the quinoa to the same small frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until the quinoa makes a popping noise. Continue to cook, shaking the pan frequently, for about another 2 minutes, or until the quinoa is light brown and begins to smell nutty. Remove the quinoa from the pan.
- To assemble the salad, carefully toss the cooked carrots with the dressing and quinoa. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with the toasted almonds and goat cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The carrots can be roasted and tossed with the dressing, almonds and toasted quinoa up to 2 hours ahead and served at room temperature. Sprinkle with the goat cheese right before serving.