- 6 ounces bacon
- 1 head Savoy cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds), tough outer leaves discarded, cut into 6 wedges
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Arrange the bacon on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake until crisp, flipping halfway through, about 15 minutes. Drain the bacon on a paper towel–lined plate, then chop.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the baking sheet, then arrange the cabbage wedges on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the cabbage, flipping halfway through, until golden-brown and crisp-tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter.
- While the cabbage roasts, stir together the blue cheese and yogurt. Add enough lemon juice to thin the dressing so it can be poured. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour some of the blue cheese dressing over each wedge of cabbage and sprinkle the chopped bacon over. Serve immediately, with the remaining dressing on the side.
The blue cheese dressing can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container.