- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces (about 1/4 cup) whole almonds
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
How to make this recipe
- Make the Squash Preheat the oven to 350°. Peel the butternut squash and cut into 1-inch squares, discarding the seeds and fibrous parts. Place the pieces in a shallow baking dish, drizzle with the olive oil, and toss to evenly coat. Spread the butternut squash evenly in the dish and season with salt and pepper and roast until fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the almond sauce In the bowl of a small food processor, pulse the almonds until finely ground. Add the crème fraîche, lemon juice and honey to the bowl and pulse a few more times to combine. Season with salt and black pepper and pour the mixture over the butternut squash to warm in the oven for a few minutes more. Right before serving, sprinkle with a few tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley.