- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeds and chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried sour cherries
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the squash on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, until tender and golden, tossing once halfway through.
While the squash roasts, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Slowly add the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, whisking the whole time. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the squash is out of the oven, toss the arugula with the dressing in a large salad bowl. Add the roasted squash, walnuts and dried cherries and gently toss together. Serve immediately.