Roasted Broccoli with Brazil-Nut Pesto
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
The Good News: Brazil nuts not only make a great pesto, they also add selenium, a cancer-fighting mineral, to this already healthful broccoli dish.
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds broccoli, large stems discarded, cut into 4-inch-long florets
- Preheat the oven to 500°. In a mini food processor, combine the parsley with the Brazil nuts, water, tarragon, garlic and lemon zest and pulse to a coarse paste. Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the Parmesan and process to a slightly smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- On 2 large, rimmed baking sheets, toss the broccoli florets with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the broccoli in the center of the oven for 8 minutes. Switch the baking sheets and continue to roast for about 8 minutes longer, or until the broccoli is browned and crisp-tender. Transfer the broccoli to a platter, drizzle the pesto on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.