- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds broccoli, large stems discarded, cut into 4-inch-long florets
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 500°. In a mini food processor, combine the parsley with the Brazil nuts, water, tarragon, garlic and lemon zest and pulse to a coarse paste. Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the Parmesan and process to a slightly smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper.
On 2 large, rimmed baking sheets, toss the broccoli florets with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the broccoli in the center of the oven for 8 minutes. Switch the baking sheets and continue to roast for about 8 minutes longer, or until the broccoli is browned and crisp-tender. Transfer the broccoli to a platter, drizzle the pesto on top and serve.
The pesto can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
One Serving 205 cal, 17 gm total fat, 3.0 gm saturated fat, 12 gm carb, 1 gm fiber.