- 1 large head broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- Thinly sliced basil leaves
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, toss the broccoli and stems with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the broccoli in the oven for about 30 minutes, tossing half way through, until browned and tender.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat until light golden all over, about 4 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallot and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the broccoli into a serving bowl, add the dressing, pine nuts and basil and toss to coat. Serve.