- 1 large head of broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, toss the broccoli florets and stems with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the broccoli in the oven for about 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat until light golden all over, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallot and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season the dressing with salt and pepper. Scrape the broccoli into a serving bowl. Add the dressing and toasted pine nuts, toss well and serve.
Contributed By Melissa Rubel Jacobson Photo © Iain Bagwell. Food styling by Simon Andrews. Published April 2014