© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Roasted Broccoli and Cherry Tomatoes with Garlic
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Next time you break out the broccoli, roast it and give it a pop of color with cherry tomatoes and kick of flavor with garlic.
Slideshow: Fantastic Broccoli Dishes
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli crowns, stems peeled and heads halved
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra–virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place the prepared broccoli and garlic slices on a baking pan. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the broccoli. Toss the broccoli and garlic to coat evenly with the olive oil.
- Spread the broccoli into an even layer over the baking pan. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Toss the broccoli again then spread back into an even layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes, turn the broccoli and garlic, then continue roasting for 5 more minutes, or until tender and the edges are crisped.
- While the broccoli roasts, place the cherry tomatoes on another baking pan. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Roast tomatoes for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through roasting.
- Gently toss together the roasted broccoli and tomatoes, season with additional salt and pepper if desired, then serve.