- 4 red bell peppers, stemmed and cored but left whole
- 4 yellow bell peppers, stemmed and cored but left whole
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, rub all of the peppers generously with olive oil. Bake for about 1 hour, or until the skins are blistered and the peppers soft.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel and cut them into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Season with salt and pepper.
The roasted peppers can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.