Roasted Bell Peppers
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
In Argentina, peppers and meat are often grilled together so each flavors the other: The peppers cook above the meat, dripping sweet juices, while the aromas of the grilling meat enhance the taste of the peppers. Michelle Bernstein recommends the peppers and meat be eaten in the same bite.
More Latin American Recipes
- 4 red bell peppers, stemmed and cored but left whole
- 4 yellow bell peppers, stemmed and cored but left whole
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, rub all of the peppers generously with olive oil. Bake for about 1 hour, or until the skins are blistered and the peppers soft.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel and cut them into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Season with salt and pepper.