- 3 pounds medium beets, scrubbed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup drained prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Set the beets in a medium roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil. Bake the beets for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the beets and cut them into wedges. Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with half of the horseradish cream and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve the remaining horseradish cream on the side.
The beet wedges and horseradish cream can be refrigerated separately overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.