- 2 cups kosher salt
- 12 small beets (about 2 pounds), tops trimmed, 12 small leaves reserved and
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. Spread the salt in a small roasting pan and set the beets on top. Transfer to the oven and roast for about 50 minutes, or until the beets are tender when pierced. Let cool for 20 minutes.
While the beets are still warm, peel and cut them into wedges. In a medium bowl, combine the beets and their leaves with the olive oil, vinegar, capers and chives. Season with salt and pepper, toss and serve.