- 3 medium beets, preferably a mix of red and golden beets
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, such as arugula, mesclun and radicchio
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Wrap the beets in foil and roast for about 1 1/4 hours, or until tender. Let cool, then peel the beets and cut them into 1/4-inch dice.
- In a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, honey, vinegar, mustard and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the beets and toss to coat. Arrange the salad greens on a large plate and top with the beets and red onion.
Make AheadThe roasted beets can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
NotesOne Serving Calories 64 kcal, Total Fat .8 gm, Saturated Fat .1 gm