Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Pistachios
- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
Gerry Hayden intensifies the nuttiness of his beet salad by drizzling pistachio oil on top.
- 32 small beets
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 thyme sprig
- 6 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup microgreens or mâche
- 1 tablespoon pistachio oil (optional)
- In a baking dish, toss the beets with the garlic, thyme and 2 tablespoons of the canola oil; season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until tender. Let cool, then peel and quarter the beets. Transfer the beets to a bowl; if using golden and red, put them in separate bowls. Toss the pistachios with 1/2 tablespoon of the canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with the olive oil and the remaining 1/4 cup of canola oil. Toss the beets with the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper and arrange on a platter. Crumble the goat cheese on top and sprinkle with the pistachios and microgreens; drizzle with the pistachio oil and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.