Roasted Baby Turnips with Parsley-Mustard Vinaigrette
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
Sheila Neal, Matt Neal's wife, has always loved turnips. "They were my show-and-tell in kindergarten; I showed my class how to season them with salt and eat them," she says. These elegant baby turnipsroasted to bring out their sweetnesscan be served warm or cold.
More Vegetable Side Dishes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 24 baby turnips (2 pounds), stems trimmed to 2 inches
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mustard, scallion, parsley and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Heat a rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Cut the turnips in half through the stems; quarter them if large. In a large bowl, toss the turnips with the remaining 1/4 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the turnips on the preheated baking sheet and roast for about 18 minutes, until tender. Transfer the turnips to a platter and let cool. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.