© Jonelle Weaver
Roasted Asparagus with Sage and Lemon Butter
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 pounds thin asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 30 sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Shredded zest of 1/2 lemon
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for shaving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Spread on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the spears are just tender when pierced with a knife.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over moderately low heat. Add the sage leaves and cook, stirring often, until the butter is lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Transfer the asparagus to a warmed platter and spoon the sage-lemon butter on top. Garnish with the lemon zest, top with shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and serve.