- 1 1/2 pounds medium asparagus, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a baking dish, drizzle the asparagus with half of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife. Drizzle the asparagus with the remaining olive oil and the lemon juice and zest. Serve hot.
Olive Oil A nutty or buttery extra-virgin olive oil partners well with this lemon-accented asparagus.