© Johnny Miller
Roasted Asparagus with Lemony Bread Crumbs
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
These crispy bread crumbs, flavored with anchovies, garlic, parsley and lemon, are a terrific way to showcase delicious spears of roasted asparagus.
Slideshow: Amazing Asparagus Recipes
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 425°. On a baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, simmer the remaining 1/3 cup of olive oil with the anchovies over moderate heat, stirring, until the anchovies dissolve. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the panko and cook, stirring frequently, until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and lemon zest.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving platter. Drizzle with lemon juice, top with the panko and serve.