- 1 1/2 pounds pencil-thin asparagus (see Note)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, for serving
- 2 ounces Asiago cheese, shaved (1 cup)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes, until tender. Meanwhile, put the almonds in a pie plate and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, until golden.
Transfer the asparagus to a platter and drizzle with the lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the Asiago over the asparagus, sprinkle with the almonds and serve with lemon wedges.
If you prefer to serve thicker asparagus spears, add about 10 minutes to the roasting time.