Roasted Apple Butter
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
Plus: Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide
More Terrific Condiments
- 2 3/4 pounds McIntosh apples (about 8)—peeled, quartered and cored
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Arrange the apples in a large roasting pan. Pour the apple juice over the apples and bake for 30 minutes, or until tender and browned. Lower the oven to 350°.
- Using a fork or potato masher, thoroughly mash the apples in the roasting pan. Bake the apple puree, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until very thick and deeply browned. Scrape into a bowl and let cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Make AheadThe apple butter can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Serve WithBacon Biscuits with Roasted Apple Butter