© Con Poulos
Roast Sea Bass with Chickpea Puree and Parsley Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
In this easy Tuscan dish, sea bass fillets are rolled up before roasting to help keep them extra-juicy.
Slideshow: More Sea Bass Recipes
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- Four 6-ounce, skinless sea bass fillets (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 4 small rosemary sprigs, plus 1/2 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 2 cups lightly packed parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small garlic clove
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium baking dish, mix 1/4 cup of the olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon zest and the paprika. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Add the fish to the marinade and turn to coat, then nestle the bay leaves and rosemary sprigs between the fillets. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the parsley with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of water and puree until nearly smooth. With the machine on, gradually add 1/2 cup of the oil until incorporated. Season the parsley sauce with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas with the garlic, minced rosemary, 1 cup of water and the remaining 1/4 cup of oil, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; puree until smooth. Scrape the puree into a medium saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Stir over moderately low heat until hot, about 5 minutes; keep warm over very low heat.
- Remove the fish from the marinade. Gently roll up the fillets and set them seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for about 12 minutes, until just cooked through. Spoon the chickpea puree onto plates and top with the fish. Drizzle on the parsley sauce and serve.
Make AheadThe chickpea puree and parsley sauce can be refrigerated separately overnight. Reheat the chickpea puree gently, adding water if it is too thick. Let the parsley sauce come to room temperature before serving.
Herb-scented, coastal Italian white.