Roast Salmon with Whole-Grain-Mustard Crust
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced chives
- Four 8-ounce skin-on wild salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, olive oil and chives.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place them skin side down on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mustard mixture over the tops of the fillets. Roast the fish for 6 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the salmon 6 inches from the heat for about 4 minutes, until the mustard crust is browned and the salmon is almost cooked through. Using a spatula, carefully slide the salmon fillets off their skins and transfer to plates; leave the skin on, if desired. Serve immediately.
Herb-scented Chilean Sauvignon Blanc.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.