- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- Four 6-ounce center-cut salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon togarashi
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mash the butter with the miso until blended. Rub the salmon all over with 2 tablespoons of the canola oil, season with salt and pepper and arrange in a baking dish. Spread the miso butter over the top of the fillets and roast until just opaque throughout, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil with the sesame oil and vinegar; reserve 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
Drizzle the dressing over the salmon. Serve with the salad.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
This glazed salmon pairs well with a juicy Oregon Chardonnay.