- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- Four 6-ounce center-cut salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon togarashi
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mash the butter with the miso until blended. Rub the salmon all over with 2 tablespoons of the canola oil, season with salt and pepper and arrange in a baking dish. Spread the miso butter over the top of the fillets and roast until just opaque throughout, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil with the sesame oil and vinegar; reserve 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salmon. Serve with the salad.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
This glazed salmon pairs well with a juicy Oregon Chardonnay.