- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 small garlic clove
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Set the salmon fillets on a rimmed baking sheet and rub all over with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the basil with the parsley, anchovies, lemon zest and juice, capers, garlic and the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil until smooth; season with salt. Serve the basil sauce with the salmon.
The basil sauce can be refrigerated overnight.