- 1 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup green Spanish olives
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large kaiser rolls, split
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast pork or ham
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Eight 1/4-inch-thick slices of Italian Provolone (about 6 ounces)
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a food processor, combine the parsley, olives, garlic, jalapeños and vinegar. Process to a coarse paste. Add the olive oil and process briefly until thick. Scrape the olive paste into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Spread a thin layer of ketchup on the bottom half of the rolls. Layer one-fourth of the pork, sliced onion and Provolone on top. Set the sandwiches on a baking sheet; bake for about 2 minutes, or until the Provolone melts. Spread 2 tablespoons of the olive paste on the top halves of the rolls. Assemble the sandwiches, cut them in half and serve.