Roast Chicken with Mango Rum Glaze
- SERVINGS: 4
A glaze of mango nectar and Major Grey's mango chutney, available in supermarkets, adds sweet fruitiness to chicken and is equally good with roast pork.
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon sage and 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Major Grey's chutney
- 1/4 cup canned mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Preheat the oven to 500°. In a small bowl, combine the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Rub the chicken with the oil and then the dry seasonings. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Set the chicken breasts, skinned side up, in a baking dish and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree the chutney, mango nectar and rum. Brush the chicken with 3 tablespoons of the mango glaze and bake for about 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to plates and serve with the remaining glaze.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.