Roast Chicken Breasts with Fennel and Diced Potatoes
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes (1 3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 8 large garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (3 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons fennel pollen
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium roasting pan, toss the potatoes with the garlic and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes for 25 minutes, until they are partially cooked.
- Meanwhile, rub the chicken on both sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the fennel pollen. Season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken breasts skin side up on top of the potatoes and roast for about 45 minutes, until the chicken and the potatoes are both cooked through.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the chicken in the pan with the potatoes 4 inches from the heat for about 4 minutes, until the skin is crisp and golden. Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken, potatoes and garlic cloves to plates, drizzle with the pan juices and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.