Roast Beef Grissini
- SERVINGS: MAKES 2 DOZEN
Roast beef goes well with the strong flavors of the arugula and the remoulade.
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced rare roast beef, cut into twenty-four 6-by-1 1/2 -inch strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 24 arugula leaves, stemmed
- 8 to 10 grissini (about 1/2 inch thick) or breadsticks, broken into 4-inch lengths
- Remoulade Sauce
- In a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the oil over moderate heat until golden. Using a slotted spoon, discard the garlic slices; let the garlic oil cool completely.
- Spread the roast beef strips on a work surface and lightly brush them with the garlic oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover each beef strip with an arugula leaf slightly larger than the strip. Roll 1 beef strip tightly around 1 end of each breadstick. Arrange on a platter and serve with the remoulade sauce.