- 1/2 cup fromage blanc
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated or drained prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons snipped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 thin slices of roast beef (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 large dill pickle, quartered
In a small bowl, mix the fromage blanc with the horseradish, mustard, tarragon and chives; season with salt and pepper.
On a work surface, arrange 2 roast beef slices, overlapping the long ends, and spread with one-fourth of the fromage blanc mixture. Lay one pickle quarter at a short end and roll the roast beef around the pickle into a tight cylinder. Repeat with the remaining roast beef, fromage blanc mixture and pickle quarters. Trim the edges of each roll and slice them 1 inch thick. Arrange on a platter and serve.