- One 3-pound boneless pork loin
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced bacon or pancetta
- 6 long rosemary sprigs
- 6 long thyme sprigs
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Using a small knife, make 1-inch-deep slits all over the pork. Stuff each slit with a slice of garlic. Season the pork all over with salt and pepper and wrap with the bacon. Top with the herbs, tucking them under the bacon in several spots. Tie the roast at 1-inch intervals with kitchen string.
- Transfer the pork to a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the loin registers 130°. Transfer the pork to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Discard the string and herb sprigs. Carve the loin into thick slices and serve.
The pork can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated overnight. Let return to room temperature before roasting.
A complex Chianti Classico with a tannic edge and some fruit will contrast with the saltiness of the bacon.