Rioja-Style Potatoes with Chorizo
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small portobello mushroom, stemmed and cap thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon pimentón de la Vera (smoked Spanish paprika)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces dry Spanish chorizo, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and portobello and stir to coat with oil. Add the green pepper, bay leaf, paprika, crushed red pepper and water and bring to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes over low heat for 10 minutes. Add the chorizo and simmer over moderately low heat until the potatoes are tender, 20 minutes. Season with salt, discard the bay leaf and serve.
Peppery, medium-bodied Rioja.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.