- 1 orange
- 1 cup raspberries, halved
- 1 Asian pear—peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry sake
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- One 20-ounce can lychees in syrup—lychees halved, syrup reserved
- Two 750-milliliter bottles slightly off-dry Riesling, chilled
How to make this recipe
Using a knife, peel the orange, removing the bitter white pith. Working over a pitcher, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Squeeze the juice from the membranes and discard the membranes.
Add the raspberries, pear, sake, bourbon, lemon juice, triple sec, sugar and lychees with their syrup. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Stir in the Riesling and serve the sangria in ice-filled wineglasses.