© Wendell T. Webber
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 2 cups Riesling
- One 2-inch-long cinnamon stick
- 6 skinless center-cut salmon fillets (about 1/2 pound each)
- 1/4 cup water
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- In a large skillet, toast the coriander over moderately high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the Riesling and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon and water. Cover and cook over low heat until opaque throughout, about 12 minutes. Transfer the salmon to 6 plates; season with salt and white pepper. Season the poaching liquid with salt and white pepper, then spoon about 1 tablespoon of it over each fillet along with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.