© Lucy Schaeffer
Riesling Gelée with Strawberry Conserve
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus overnight chilling
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/2 cups off-dry Riesling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 pint strawberries, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon off-dry Riesling
- Make the gelée In a small saucepan, combine the Riesling and sugar and bring to a low simmer over moderate heat, swirling gently until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cooled syrup and let soften for 5 minutes. Warm the syrup over moderate heat and stir to dissolve the gelatin, about 1 minute; let cool slightly. Pour the gelée into 4 wine glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, gently stir the strawberries with the honey, sugar, lemon zest and Riesling. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the strawberry conserve over the gelée and serve.
Make Ahead The gelée can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Notes One serving 156 cal, 26 gm carb, 1. 2 gm protein, 1.5 gm fiber.